Final Task
Planning:
I have introduce the collaborative storytelling in my German Group of 4 ESO. This group is integrated by 5 students. 4 girls and 1 boy.
This is the fourth year that they study german. Is level is an A1.
We have used 2 sessions to do the storytellings:
We had only time to do 2 stories due to schedule time ( Students have end exams, and also they have the final exams for the EOIES )
First session: 55 Minutes - Presentation of the 2 Stories to the students. Students work alone, at both stories.
Second session: 55 Minutes -
Students read the stories and finished both stories.
Students work alone
2 Students work together designed the presentation of one story.
Design:
The first story was introduce to the student with a youtube video
It’ s a video that tells the story of a disabled boy that receives a present, a disabled dog.
The students view the video and after watching the video they have to continue the story of the relation of the dog and the boy.
They app used for this storytelling is a paddlet:
https://padlet.com/catalinagelabert/8gesducvctmy
The second story was introduced by a text.
I took a notice from the newspaper and changed some items to make it more attractive to the students.
“ Iwas 18 years old when I won 3 million Euros in the UK Lotto Jackpot. Today I only have 3000 euros.
Why?
At 18, I still lived with my family and worked as a cashier in a supermarket. Few weeks after my win, I fell in love with John Scaramuzzo and bought a bungalow worth 300,000 euros. I stopped working and bought drugs worth 400,000 euros while living with John. I also did 8 cosmetic surgeries costing over 500,000 euros. Today I only have 3000 Euro ...””
I have introduce the collaborative storytelling in my German Group of 4 ESO. This group is integrated by 5 students. 4 girls and 1 boy.
This is the fourth year that they study german. Is level is an A1.
We have used 2 sessions to do the storytellings:
We had only time to do 2 stories due to schedule time ( Students have end exams, and also they have the final exams for the EOIES )
First session: 55 Minutes - Presentation of the 2 Stories to the students. Students work alone, at both stories.
Second session: 55 Minutes -
Students read the stories and finished both stories.
Students work alone
2 Students work together designed the presentation of one story.
Design:
The first story was introduce to the student with a youtube video
It’ s a video that tells the story of a disabled boy that receives a present, a disabled dog.
The students view the video and after watching the video they have to continue the story of the relation of the dog and the boy.
They app used for this storytelling is a paddlet:
https://padlet.com/catalinagelabert/8gesducvctmy
The second story was introduced by a text.
I took a notice from the newspaper and changed some items to make it more attractive to the students.
“ Iwas 18 years old when I won 3 million Euros in the UK Lotto Jackpot. Today I only have 3000 euros.
Why?
At 18, I still lived with my family and worked as a cashier in a supermarket. Few weeks after my win, I fell in love with John Scaramuzzo and bought a bungalow worth 300,000 euros. I stopped working and bought drugs worth 400,000 euros while living with John. I also did 8 cosmetic surgeries costing over 500,000 euros. Today I only have 3000 Euro ...””
After reading the text the students had to go on with the story writting it first person using a Google presentation:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1HNPDIkG830RpUKCYSA152h S8rBgML8ArOdCBsmp33Bc/edit#slide=id.g3b05974bb8_0_5
Implementation:
First session:
-we had no internet connection the first 15 Min.
- I tried to explain the work the had to do.
- While we are waiting for the internet connection, each student switch on the ultraportatils we used to use at the IES.
- Some ultraportatils do not work.
- Students says it’s a bit annoying to work this way.
- The finally get internet connection and we begin watching the video, some of the students already have seen the video before.
- I explain the work they have to do
- Students choose in which order they want to interact the the story.
- They begin to write the story, some of them needs help with grammar structures, or translations.
- Session ends. Two students have already not written anything so they agree to do it at home.
Second session:
- Students have each one an ultraportatil
- we begin with the second story, we first tried to do it at “Storywars” APP but we had some problems with the login.
- One student suggest to do it with a google presentation.
- Another one says that she will help to do the presentation
- This two students used the teachers computer, because with the ultraportatils it was impossible.
- The other three students ended the story at paddlet and begin to read and write the first chapter of the new story.
- I help the students to understand the story and to produce they own chapters.
- The students write all the chapters.
- One student had not time to do it at class, so she will make it at home.
Assessment:
After doing the activities students had to answer this kahoot
https://play.kahoot.it/#/k/b494f828-fad5-4ffc-a686-e1015c9649cd
We tried to do it last week but as usual the internet connection was not good and the game were not loaded.
We forget to do it on next session because we were preparing the final exam.
- The other three students ended the story at paddlet and begin to read and write the first chapter of the new story.
- I help the students to understand the story and to produce they own chapters.
- The students write all the chapters.
- One student had not time to do it at class, so she will make it at home.
Assessment:
After doing the activities students had to answer this kahoot
https://play.kahoot.it/#/k/b494f828-fad5-4ffc-a686-e1015c9649cd
We tried to do it last week but as usual the internet connection was not good and the game were not loaded.
We forget to do it on next session because we were preparing the final exam.
Comments
Post a Comment